EdgeX Foundry: Introducing the Open Retail Reference Architecture
Digital transformation in the Retail industry is accelerating.
We need a platform, a framework, in which different retail processing suppliers can work together to deliver their unique value. To respect the limited footprint and cost constraints of a typical retail outlet, solutions need to be able to share a common infrastructure, to integrate, to leverage common security practices, and a consistent approach to support and service. In short, the industry needs a framework in which we can all bring our own unique value to a collective and coherent ecosystem that is vibrant and economically attractive to Retail merchants.
To that end, a new project is being started within the LF Edge umbrella that creates an open source framework to enable exactly that level of collaboration amongst Retail industry vendors; as envisioned by the Open Retail Initiative (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/retail/open-retail-initiative.html).
Come learn more about the goals of the project, including to create:
- A base foundation of retail-centric APIs at cloud and edge for building best in class retail experiences (allowing multiple vendors, suppliers and projects to both utilize and implement the APIs)
- A common application deployment platform for edge-native deployments (to minimize validation and integration testing required)
- Consistent integration methods, drawing on cloud-native development practices (so that integrating applications and data at the edge uses the same technology as at the cloud)
- A comprehensive set of connectors for retail IOT devices
- A community based on OSS principles to enable higher velocity of innovation
- Chris Timmins - Intel
- Joe Pearson - IBM
- Henry Lau - HP
February 23, 2021 | 08:00AM Pacific Time
Watch IOTech present how they have built a successful range of COTS value-add edge offerings based on EdgeX Foundry.
Presented by Keith Steele - IOTech CEO, Jim White - IOTech CTO and James Butcher - Product Manager at IOTech.
Watch HP introduce "HP Engage Edge" - World's first retail product powered by EdgeX
Presented by Henry Lau, Distinguished Technologist at HP and Sandip Kamat, Global Product Management & Strategy at HP Inc.
Watch Intel's Retail Reference Implementations using EdgeX - Automated Checkout
Presented by Raysana Hurtado, Sr. Product Manager I Emerging Technologies IoT, and Leonard Goodell Sr. Software Engineer and EdgeX Foundry Product Manager and TSC Member at large
Watch TIBCO present their IoT efforts and platform including their use of EdgeX
Presented by Jesús Centeno & Marcelo Gallardo with TIBCO Labs
Watch ThunderSoft present their IoT efforts and platform including their use of EdgeX
Presented by Pengcheng Zou, CTO at ThunderSoft
Watch Jiangxing Intelligence present their IoT efforts and platform including their use of EdgeX
Presented by Professor Jiangchuan Liu, CEO at Jiangxing Intelligence
Watch Accenture present their use of EdgeX Foundry as part of their AIP+ edge computing platform
Presented by Allan Houghton, Digital Mobility Mobile IOT and Mobile Security lead – Product Offering development at Accenture